Friday, March 28, 2008

Never...Never...

Here's the scene at Kroger the other day:

strange man: "how much longer do you have?"
Steph: "8 weeks"
strange man: "do you think you're going to make it?"
Steph: "that's my goal"
strange man: "Is it twins?"
Steph: "uh, no, it's just one."
strange man: "Isn't the female body amazing. I mean how do women carry all that weight. It just doesn't seem possible."
Steph: (silent blank stare while the voices in my head are saying "beep, beep, beep" as the man is trying to back-pedal out of this hole he's dug)
strange man: My wife is pregnant and I just look at her in awe that she can walk around for 2 people.
Steph: why don't you go buy her flowers (pointing to the floral department)
strange man walks away.

Never ask a pregnant woman if she's having twins. She will tell you if she wants you to know.

2 comments:

A said...

lol...the latest for me is someone told me I was "blossoming nicely"...WHAT??? are you kidding me? I wanted to smack her!!!

amy (metz) walker said...

Hilarious! I ran across your blog link on the Caton's blog and had to tell you that your story cracked me up! People are SUCH idiots!