Sunday, March 09, 2008

Pregnancy Insult

So yesterday, I went out shopping by myself. This is a real treat when you're used to having a 2 1/2 year old with you climbing under racks. We had a birthday party to go to last night, so I decided to try to find a new outfit to wear. I ventured out to Ann Taylor Loft and found a couple things. Then I went next door to a specialty maternity store to see if they had anything better than what I had just purchased. I walked into the store and started looking around when a salesperson approached me. She looked me up and down and said "Oh, honey, you need help. Those jeans are atrocious." {I had on a pair of jeans (that I splurged on because they were trendy AND comfortable), a black v-neck shirt, black shoes, and a black jacket. Nothing special, but I was comfortable}. The sales biddy said she'd be right with me as she walked away to help another customer. I held myself back from reacting because I didn't want to get arrested for assault at 7 1/2 months pregnant. I simply walked out of the store.

I went across the street to a salon and ended up getting a haircut and a makeover to make myself feel better. The lady that cut my hair ensured me that there was nothing wrong with what I had on and that my jeans were pretty cool for maternity jeans. We laughed and laughed at what had just happened. It was good mental therapy.

Oh, and I sent some hate email to the owner of the store. She is kissing my A$$ giving me gift cards, etc. to remedy the situation. She ensures me she will be talking to the sales wench about her comments.

Note to Others - Even if you think a pregnant woman looks horrible, tell her she looks beautiful. It's almost certain that she doesn't feel pretty and will have a much better day because of your compliment.

-Mommy

1 comment:

A said...

awwe!!! you poor thing!!! I know!! people just dont think before they speak!!!

I am sure you were beautiful :-)