Thursday, April 14, 2011

Before I Forget...

I like to blog about some of the things the children say and do mainly so I don't forget them! I've been meaning to post a couple, so here goes.

------

After visiting the zoo the other day, I asked Reilly what his favorite animal was. Without hesitation, he said "the ring-a-tings". That would be the Orangutans! It does sound like a pretty good name for a band though!

------

A couple weeks ago, we were leaving a store. I always stress the importance of holding hands in parking lots. Reilly let go of my hand halfway across the street to dart over into the median. I (in my oh-so-pregnant waddle) try to chase after him to catch him because I see a car pulling out just beyond the median. I grabbed his shirt and yanked him to the ground. He looked at me a little puzzled. I emphasized that he never should let go of my hand in the parking lot to run to the car. Hannah chimes in and says, "Yeah, Reilly, you'll turn into a pancake.". Reilly after grunting and whining in disappointment says "Uh, I wanna be a waffle."

I'm pretty sure my point was lost that day!

No comments: