Thursday, August 11, 2011

Starter Pets

Last week we were getting ready for our trip to the beach and I told Hannah that I needed her to be a really good girl and a good helper in the car with the boys. She had been wanting a fish for quite some time and so I broke down and promised that she'd get a fish if she was really good. [subplot - Hannah's idol, Candice, had just asked me what she could get her for her birthday and I told her the only thing she hadn't gotten and really wanted was a fish. Not really thinking through the logistics of getting a fish home from Mobile. ]


So after promising Hannah that her good behavior might result in a fish, she looked at me with her big green eyes and said "Yeah, I've been thinking about that fish. And I think I'd rather have a horse."

I just about fell out of my seat. I told her that a horse really wasn't a good "starter" pet. She quickly said, well then what about a hamster. Yep, Mommy doesn't do rodents either.

Rainbow, Hannah's new fish, is fitting in quite nicely to our little family.

No comments: