Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Black Market Babies

Preface: lately I've been trying to teach the kids the value of money.
Hannah is constantly asking to buy lunch, breakfast, toys, etc. I tell
her that these things cost money and we need to save our money. Ok...
So we're driving to school this morning...


H: "Mom, did you have to pay money for us?"
M: [thinking to myself...does she think I rolled into a store and
bought her? It's 7:30am and we're on a 2 minute car ride to
school...How do I answer this without launching into a 25 minute
explanation?]. "Yes, the hospital charges you to come in and have a
baby."
H: "Oh! Well then you must REALLY love kids to spend that much money on us!"
M: "Yes I do! No matter what the price!"
H: "Bye mom. I love you."[exits car]
M: "I love you too!" [door closes.]

To be continued, I'm sure!

No comments: