Monday, March 24, 2014

Poor (smart) Hannah

So today we rolled into the dentist for a routine check up. Hannah and Reilly went back to have their teeth cleaned while Sullivan and I waited in the lobby. After an hour they called me back to give me the update. Both kids were cavity free but Hannah needs some (4) extractions. Eek! Hannah has way too many teeth for her tiny little mouth (sound familiar grandparents?). So the dentist took 2 out today and will take 2 more Thursday. [I asked if they could do them all at once and they said that was too much Novocain. Hmm?] Hannah was a champ! Anyway we go back Thursday for the other 2 extractions.

Fast forward to tonight (post milkshake dinner). I decide to tell her she would have the other 2 taken Thursday. Of course she's now dreading it. I couldn't send her to the wolves again without her knowing what was going on! I promised her I would take her to see the new muppet movie if she was up to it after the dentist. She quickly declined and told me she needed a Disney Cruise. Ha! She sensed the guilt and moved in for the kill. Smart girl!

No comments: